The College of Bishops is committed to discipling and equipping “. . . female [members], lay and ordained, to fulfill their callings and ministries in the work of God’s kingdom . . .” (A Statement from the College of Bishops on the Ordination of Women, September 2017).
NGLI, given its mission to discover, develop, and deploy leaders and ministry resources across the Anglican Church in North America province, shares this commitment with the College of Bishops. Next Generation Leaderhsip Initiative supports female leaders (lay and ordained) with the Women's Leadership Network (WLN).
The Women's Leadership Network's mission is to discover, develop, and deploy female leaders (lay and clergy) to confidently lead with the gifts, knowledge, and skills God has given them in their ministry context and according to their diocesan policy.
The Women's Leadership Network (WLN) values.....
- Leadership: We disciple, encourage and empower women to fulfill their callings and ministries.
- Gifts: We affirm the spiritual gifts of women of all ages as agents for the gospel.
- Flourishing: We cultivate spiritual practices for women to grow and thrive in their communities.
- Gathering: We create a trusted and generous space for lay leaders and clergy to connect, share opportunities and be encouraged.
- Equipping: We provide resources for churches and dioceses to embrace the giftedness of women to build God’s kingdom.
- Integrity: We adhere to Provincial and diocesan canons as we strive to be a trusted source for all leaders we represent.
The Women's Leadership Network seeks to encourage women in their spiritual growth and leadership development in keeping with the policies of each diocese. We commit to providing resources to help develop all women leaders, both lay and ordained, as we identify, connect and equip those who are called to serve God within the Anglican Church in North America.
We offer women serving in leadership a system of support and interconnection, tools to help them grow as contributors helping their organizations grow and fulfill gospel imperatives.
Specifically, the Women's Leadership Network currently offers:
- monthly gatherings called "Connection First" for ACNA Clergywomen
- Retreats (held biennially) for all ACNA female leaders
- Storying Groups for all ACNA female leaders - #askmeaboutmystory
- Prayer services based on the needs of the ACNA and the female leadership network
- 3 Practice Circles specifically for ACNA female leaders
- Resources, Coaching, and Consultations for our female leaders (lay and ordained)
- Opportunities to network, volunteer, and lead
For regular updates from the Women's Leadership Network, sign up for our email list!